Playing at the Children's Museum
At the zoo
Wilson will be 16 months this weekend! He is learning and doing new things every day! Here are some of the highlights:
- He now has 5 teeth! They came in within about 3 1/2 weeks. He did great--a little more drool than usual, but no complaints from him!
- He is finally starting to talk. He says: Mama, Dada, Oh, Uh Oh. In the last few days he has added Ball, Car (it sounds like he has a New York accent Caaa), and Cracker
- Thinks everything is either a hammer to hit with or a drum to be hit!
- He likes to hit people with both hands and say, "Oh!" It's a little mean, so we're working on being soft. He will hit and then I'll tell him soft and he'll rub my shoulder a little (usually he just goes back to hitting)
- He has quite the arm. If he's not hitting something, he's throwing it. I read in the What to Expect the Toddler Years book that at 17 months it may be possible for a child to throw overhand, but Wilson has had this one mastered for at least a month...He has recently learned that his food can travel pretty far when thrown from his high chair.
- He loves T.V. He gets upset when someone gets in his way when he's watching. His favorite is Barney. He gets a big grin on his face when he sees the PBS intro before the show.
- He is quite the dancer. The last couple of days he's starting a little high stepping and arm waving, but pretty much anytime music starts, including Daddy's singing, he breaks out in a little dance.
- He has learned how to make car noises and drive little matchbox cars. It is so cute, he gets down on his belly and drives it all over the floor while making car noises.
- He loves to be outside and throw dirt. At the zoo in Arizona, I had to keep grabbing his hands to stop him from throwing sand at the kiddie playground.
- He loves Whitney's quad (he doesn't even mind the pink). He will get up on it and shake it back and forth while making noises. He also loves her scooter and tricycle. He can push around his little "bike", but likes the bigger things better.
- He runs, walks backward and is starting to spin to make himself dizzy.
- If I am sitting down on the ground, he will walk backward up to my lap and sit down. He doesn't stay long, but it is really sweet.
- He likes to hug a little stuffed giraffe when he goes down for his nap. He doesn't really need it, but I tuck it into his arm and he gives me a cute smile.
- He's totally afraid of power tools, starts crying and runs away...but the sound of the quads and bikes out riding just gets him excited (it must be in his blood)
- Wilson has a few different nicknames: Little Man, Handsome, Bubbas, Buddy, Wils (it's pretty cute when Whitney calls him Buddy)
Wilson is such a fun little guy. He can be quite a handful, but we are just loving him and enjoying all of his new discoveries!