Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hold onto your socks!

Canned/boxed goods
(top view)
Cold items
This post is dedicated to Katie, my cousin's wife. She is a thrifter and she'll love this! Some friends and I started couponing!! Today, I totally scored! I got everything in the pictures--yes everything, the cold stuff and all of the boxed/bagged goods for...wait for it...$76.01!!! WAHOO!! The total retail value of the items was $349.56--I paid about 22% of retail value!!! Between 5 shoppers, we bought a total of $1,876.86 in retail cost and spent only $357.26!! This is AMAZING!!
Here's the rundown of what I got:
  • 6 boxes of cereal
  • 3 cookie mixes
  • 10 cake mixes
  • 2 cans of frosting
  • 4 packs of BIC pens (these were free with my coupons)
  • 3 bags of Chex mix
  • 6 brownie mixes
  • 6 hamburger/chicken helpers
  • 2 pasta/rice sides
  • 4 boxes of multigrain pasta
  • 4 muffin mixes
  • 2 boxes of Fiber One bars
  • 2 boxes of Chex Mix bars
  • 2 boxes of Nutrigrain bars
  • 2 boxes of Cinnabon bars
  • 18 jars of Ragu spaghetti & alfredo sauces (I only paid $3 for all 18 jars!!!)
  • 2 loaves of bread
  • 4 boxes of 100 calorie snack bags
  • 2 gallons of milk
  • 2 boxes of lunchmeat
  • 2 tubs of Country Crock margarine
  • 8 packages of Klondike bars (what would you do for a klondike bar?)
  • 2 chocolate milk singles
  • 3 boxes of frozen vegetables
  • 3 roma tomatoes
  • a couple of pounds of purple grapes
  • PLUS, I paid for 6 four-packs of YoPlus Yogurt that the store is going to order in for me.
  • PLUS, I left the store with coupons for $15 off my next purchase.
This week's deals are exceptional--I don't know that I'll do quite this great every week, but I've got a few more deals coming this week. I will get 18 bottles of salad dressing and 12 jars of mayonnaise and I'll only pay around $1.50 and I will have another $15 coupon to use!!! WOW!! My food storage is getting stocked! This is such a thrill! The next task is to find a place to store it all! I owe a huge thank you to Geraldine, Shawnee & Mike for keeping the kids, so that I could focus! Love you!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I need you to teach me! I have another friend that has been doing it too.

LDA said...

I would love to!

KrIStiN said...

i need to learn too...im totally lost, but i want to be an awesome couponer. :)

Kim said...

Your amazing. I think you should start a class or something to teach us all. I sure need your help!

Katie said...

It is kinda thrilling, huh? Unfortunately, I haven't been very motivated to do my thrifting blog the last couple of months. I'll have to get back on that! Good job! What stores are you getting most of your "loot" from?

LDA said...

All of these items were purchased at Albertsons!

Mistie said...

Where do you get your coupons from. No papers around here have them in it.

LDA said...

I print most of them online

Linda said...

What don't you do? You amaze me.