Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween





Whitney has been scared of everything Halloween since the Halloween aisle was set up in the stores. It may have something to do with us (Dad, Mom & Grandma K) taking her to see the things that talk and seeing her get scared and us cracking up...maybe. But anytime we've gone to WalMart, the first thing she says is, "I don't want to go to the Halloween aisle." She did go once with her dad and decided that she liked the Tinkerbell costume, so Dad told her that Mom would make her one. She came home and asked me if I would make her Tinker dress--so I did! Then I decided that if she was going to be Tink, we needed a cute little Peter Pan to go with it. I'm so happy with how their costumes turned out. They were so cute! Whitney loved getting her candy when we went Trick or Treating, but she absolutely refused to say "trick or treat" at any door--including Grandma's house. It was such a beautiful night and we walked several blocks, got lots of candy, yummy kettle corn from our old neighbors, warm cinnamon apple cider from our old bishop and visited and walked with friends who were also out.

6 comments:

Katie said...

ADORABLE idea! They turned out so cute- good job!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Very cute! What funny stories to remind Whitney of when she is older.

The Leithead Family said...

The costumes turned out so cute! You are a very talented woman. :)

nina said...

So sweet, great job on the costumes! If I could sew as good as you, i'd make my own too.

Alena said...

Wow, you did a great job! I will not be able to do that with my future kids because I'm not crafty AT ALL!! Adorable kids!

Linda said...

Peter Pan will make a cute little elf at Christmas 8-D