Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wilson's Zoo


Cupcakes
Wilson's cake
Eating Cake--he really just wanted to play in the frosting. We had to dig a little to show him there was cake to eat.
We finally gave him just a piece and that was much better!

Wilson turned one on the 8th, and we had a little zoo party for him. It was all based around the cupcakes. My sister-in-law got me the book Hello Cupcake and they had really cute circus cupcakes. So, I went online to find some cute circus plates, but couldn't find them. I did, however, find some really cute Alphabet Zoo plates, so we went with the zoo theme and I only had to make the animal cupcakes. I also found some cute food ideas online. We had zoo food: barbecued hotdogs, nachos, wild greens (salad), monkey fruit, elephant feed (peanuts) and animal feed (animal crackers/cookies). The hotdogs were so good--I think it was because we haven't barbecued much because of the cold weather! Wilson got lots of great gifts--a little people farm, farm musical toy, dog pull toy, alligator toy and a Cozy Coupe from G&G K. We had a great time and we love our little one-year-old!

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a fun time! Looks like he had a great time!!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

I can't believe he is one. Those cupcakes look so cute! Great job!

Chelsey said...

the cupcakes turned out very cute.

nina said...

So cute Nicole, you are so creative!

Bright Beginnings said...

so cute! I love the cupcakes! you did a wonderful job on them! I love how he totally dug into them!

Wardells said...

My mom got me that book as well!! There are so many cute ideas in it!! I love the cupcakes stacked to look like a tiered birthday cake.

Linda said...

Is there anything that you don't do perfectly. I could never turn a cookie out like that if I practiced into the millanium

Shawnee said...

wish I could have been there. miss that little one.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe he's one! Love the cupcakes, so cute!

Linzy said...

cute party!