Thursday, July 29, 2010

Circus comes to town!

The TENT...

The Big RING!
Watching the trapeze girl in a bikini...

When you live in a little town like we do, you have to take advantage of the events that are here! I saw the ad in the paper for the circus, and I just knew the kids would love it. We were quite nervous when we drove up and saw the extremely patched tent...It was actually a lot bigger inside than it looked from the outside. It was definitely NOT Barnum & Bailey, with the guy dressed up in the gorilla suit instead of a real gorilla, but there were some talented girls up on the rope and the single trapeze. There was one older man in the show and I think all of the performers were his family. The old man did the unicycle and there were a few girls and a 7-year-old boy; I'm pretty sure that the old man was the 7-year-old boy at some point in his life. He looked like he had lived on the road. I totally felt like I was in the episode of Little House on the Prairie where the Circus comes to town and Mr. Olsen's sister is the fat lady in the show. The whole thing made me laugh, but I think the kids thought it was okay. Needless to say, we probably won't go the next time the circus comes to town...

No comments: