Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Preschool

After School Cupcakes & Juice--I want this to be a school tradition from now on! I almost forgot to get the cupcakes made, my mom had to bring me cupcake wrappers and Mike picked Whit up from school so I could finish frosting them!














Last fall I got Whitney on a waiting list for preschool. I took her in for a screening toward the end of August and she did great. The 3-year-old preschool class is mostly for children who need extra services like speech and OT/PT. I knew she didn't qualify, but they said that they accept some other children depending on how many there are with needs. I hadn't heard anything so I thought she didn't get in, but a couple of weeks later they called and had room for her! I was so excited! And so was she! She goes for two hours twice and week and is really enjoying it. She never remembers very much of what they do when I ask, but throughout the week things will trigger her memory. Just the other day we were driving and she was singing some little songs to Wilson that she has learned at school. It is so nice for her to have something special to do during the week.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

So she has cupcakes and juice everyday after school or just after her first day? She is looking so big. It has been forever since we have seen each other.

LDA said...

Just the first day!

Shawnee said...

So fun! Just like her mom....loves to learn! Her hair is getting so long.