Friday, August 29, 2008

Spiritual Giant

Tonight Whitney and I were sitting on the couch and all of a sudden she looked up at our picture of Christ (it has always hung in the same location though she's never paid attention to it). In her own little "words" she started asking me about the picture. I told her that it was Jesus and she immediately said, "Jesu." I then got out some small pictures of Christ that I bought a while back to make a little book for her and she was enthralled with them. She said Jesu a few more times. When Mike came in I told him about it and she said it again.

Then a little later she decided it was time to pray. So we went along with her and she started her little prayers (which we can't understand yet). Just into it, she stopped and we kept prompting her to keep going. Then she walked over to Mike and pointed to his hat. We thought she had just moved on to another thought and wanted to wear his hat. So Mike put it on her head. We had no idea what was coming next. She took the hat and set it down on the floor then folded her arms and continued her prayer. She was definitely keeping her daddy in line.

We truly understood the quote that says, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

4 comments:

Mand Spanier said...

It is so amaizing how children can teach there parents. Logan is a true blessing to our family. He always reminds us to read our "boo of momon" hehe and to say our prayers. He is too cute when he insits on ella whos 10 months to fold her arms. What little blessings they are.

Jennifer Lomenick said...

That is so neat. I love watching children grasp who Jesus is and how excited they are to see pictures of him. That is good that Whitney has such amazing parents to teach her about our Savior. Good job you guys. We love you!

Linda said...

So sweet. I think the veil is still pretty thin for these little ones. Sometimes I think that they are really remembering.

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog.