Monday, August 18, 2008

Zoo

Whitney and I went to San Diego with my mom this last week to babysit Jaylynn, my cousin's daughter who was born just a few hours after Whitney. We had a lot of fun! Here are some highlights from our trip to the San Diego Zoo.


This orangutan was so funny. When the zookeeper came with their food she rolled all the way over to him. Then she rolled all the way back with her orange. Unfortunately the big "grandfather one" as one of the little kids watching kept saying took the orange when she made it back. These are my favorite to see at the zoo!

Looking at the elephants with Grandma K.

They have a few of these gorilla statues at the gorilla exhibit, this one is definitely the scariest, but Whitney refused to go near any of them. She was pretty much clawing my neck trying to keep away from them. She wouldn't even touch it after I did.

Whitney and Jaylynn turning into bugs.

Attempting to pet a goat in the Children's zoo. She wasn't too crazy about them.

2 comments:

Jennifer Lomenick said...

How fun to spend time with your mom. It looks like you had a great time at the zoo. I love that she is scared of the gorilla. It reminds me of my girls.

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great time. I jealous you got to go to the beach. I love the pic of you and Whitney and the gorilla and how she's got her eye on that gorilla! Hehe