Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lucky Little Leprechaun

March 17, 2007

1 month
1 year
18 months
Two

A Two Year Old
Author: unknown
A two year old is so many things.
A tiny discoverer of butterfly wings.
A hugger of teddies, a sweet sleepy head.
And someone to dream for in bright years ahead.
A special new person who right from the start,
has a place in the family and a course in your heart.
And just when you think you've learned all the things,
that your dear daughter is,and the joy that she brings,
a hug or a grin comes with such a sweet surprise,
that love finds you smiling with tears in your eyes.

Okay, I found this poem and so now here I am sitting with tears streaming down my face thinking of how truly grateful I am to be the mom to my Little Miss Whitney. She is everything that a two-year-old should be:
  • a sweet mommy to her babies--including her baby brother whose slobber she wipes away saying, "gross baby." She also wants to change his diaper, "stinky boy."
  • a sassy girl--"No" "cuz"
  • a smart cookie--finishing the stories, knowing all her body parts, counting
  • a chatterbox--she can say anything: vegetables, magically delicious, and full sentences, don't forget talking on the phone
  • a spiritual girl--"Mom, prayers."
  • independent--"I will do it," "I more cereal"(after getting it off the counter and into the bowl)
  • a daredevil--"I jump!" "Dad trickies!"
  • a dancer
  • a singer
  • emotional--"I crying."
  • a hugger
  • full of smiles
  • energetic
  • busy
  • beautiful
  • an "I love you"
Happy Birthday Miss Whitney! We are truly blessed to have you as our beautiful daughter.


4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Whitney. You sure are a cutie!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet poem. I can understand about the tears. I can't believe it has been 2 years!

nina said...

She's so pretty! I love the little flower picture.

Linda said...

A special little girl with a special family!