Saturday, March 12, 2011

Valentine's Day


Whitney writing her name on all 15 of her Valentine's for school...this was quite a task!!


Her little Love Bug valentine's...These were a last minute throw together. I knew we were going to make her Valentine's but I never really made a plan, so we made these on Sunday night with supplies we had around the house!

Heart Hair--didn't get a picture with the bows, but she looked cute!

Our V-day Activities

Making heart pizzas


I found a really cute Valentine's Advent with cute little activity cards for each day of February until V-day. I actually did really well and printed the cards, put them on cardstock and bought all of the things for our activities...and then I didn't follow through (typical me--good ideas, not so good follow through). So I tried to pack in as many of those activities as possible on V-day. We made heart pizzas for lunch and ate them on our heart plates with pink soda and v-day straws. Then we played LOVE bingo using candy hearts as markers (we don't actually eat them in this house due to my fears after breaking a tooth on one several years back...). After that we made Peanut Butter Blossoms using chocolate hearts instead of kisses (these are even better because you get chocolate with every bite of cookie!). I made some pretzels with kisses and v-day m&ms. I also made sugar cookies, but I used a mix and they didn't turn out very well, so we didn't end up decorating them. The kids each had a little gift at their table setting--whitney had a book and heart necklace, wilson had a book and barney v-day movie.

Later that day, I decided that mashed potatoes sounded good for dinner, but I didn't want to make them, so we headed to Cowtown for dinner. It was really busy, but after waiting for about 10 minutes to find out if we could get in, they had a table for us. They seated us and brought a clean tablecloth and that was the extent of our service. After about 15-20 minutes with no acknowledgment, and people who came in after we were seated being able to order, and a two-year-old getting antsy, we decided to go ahead and go home and make the mashed potatoes ourselves afterall...We had to stop and pick up potatoes at the grocery store and then finally made it home. We enjoyed our potatoes and salad very much! Plus it was like 8:15 by the time all was said and done and we were starved!!

Mike and I were actually able to enjoy a nice dinner on the Saturday before V-day at our Elder's Quorum dinner at church. They provided babysitting for the kids and we enjoyed barbecued chicken and steak with salad, baked potatoes and rolls, followed by cake and ice cream. After dinner we played the Newlywed game with the whole group (probably 15-20 couples). I have not laughed that hard in so long. It was such a fun evening!

No comments: