Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Baking

Wrapped Oreo Truffle Plates
Truffles again
Peanut Butter Blossoms

I finally got my holiday baking finished today! Last weekend I made Oreo Truffles for our neighbors. Of course I wrapped the plates with cellophane--EVERYTHING LOOKS BETTER WITH CELLOPHANE (that's my new motto). They are so delicious, I know I've eaten too many. I also made pretzels with Hershey kisses and m&ms, but we ate them all, so no picture...Today I made Peanut Butter Blossoms--I am so thrilled at how they turned out. You know sometimes you make cookies and they look awful and other times with the same recipe, they are beautiful. Today they were on the good side, so I had to take a picture. I also made caramels and rice krispy treats. YUM! I'm sure I won't be happy with my weight gain at my dr's appt. next week, but we're nearing the end anyway. It's the holidays, calories don't count...right?

5 comments:

Shawnee said...

I'm glad you got to do your baking today. Even gladder that Whitney got to play with us while you did it. Even more gladder if we get to see some of those yummy sweets over here. :) I'm going to start calling you the new Martha Stewart. Only your much prettier to look at and not annoying to listen to.

nina said...

Mmmmm... I love peanut blossoms. I chose those for my holiday cookies this year too!

Jennifer Lomenick said...

Those look great! I bet you won't be baking anytime before the baby comes.

Renae and Keith said...

I love peanut blossoms! I am lazy and didn't make them this year!

dapricepack said...

Those truffles sure look good. Almost good enough to eat right off the computer screen.