Monday, August 2, 2010

Poway RR & Lake Poway

***We decided to visit some of the local spots in Poway where my Aunt lives, so we went to the Poway RR. When we got there we found out the train wasn't running, but the trolley was; unfortunately, it needed a little help. My uncle and cousin jumped in to help the old guys push the trolley back to the barn. Fortunately, it was a quick fix and they were back on the track in no time. The little store had all of the Thomas the Train wooden sets available and a table for the kids to play with. They loved playing with the trains!

After our trolley ride, we headed over to Lake Poway to play at the park and feed the ducks. It was a really nice day and fun to do something cheap!

The Caboose :) My uncle Mark is the in middle and my cousin is the one pushing the other guys...Too funny!

On the Trolley
(l-r Uncle Mark, My mom, Whitney, Jaylynn, Josh holding Wilson, Aunt Jeri)
Playing with the trains while waiting for our ride. Wilson now has his own Thomas the Train toy and loves it. He can sort of say, "choo, choo."
Playing at the park
Feeding the ducks--there weren't very many ducks unfortunately, and they definitely were not interested in the organic rice puff cereal Auntie bought to feed them. I can't say I blame them:)
Here is how we ended the day...Josh needed the bed we were sleeping in, so I got the kids to sleep and put them in Jaylynn's room and settled on the couch, but they both woke up and we were definitely having some trouble finding enough space. My uncle took a picture too, but in that one Wilson was face up. I kept moving him, but he kept finding his way back. Needless to say, I woke up with a headache and feeling like I needed a nap. The kids were refreshed :)


2 comments:

Kristin said...

LOVE it!! That is just too funny! You told me about sleeping on the couch, but pics just do it justice! :)

nina said...

That pic is hilarious, but so true!